Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 15:07:50 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

Since I started this thread a few days ago, let me try to summarize where
we are.

John Henry says that the RX366 is essentially the Eagle receiver, while the
 stock Orion/Orion II sub rx is essentially the Jupiter receiver.  Rob
Sherwood's tests show that the Eagle receiver is almost as good as the Orion
II main rx, inside the ham bands.  I can't find where, or if, Rob  ever
tested the Jupiter but you can go to the TT web site and  download the specs.
Barry tested the two sub receivers and found that  the RX366 was much better
inside the ham bands but the stock unit was much  better in the 9 MHz SWL
band as well as in the AM BCB.

Do you need the RX366?  If you are a serious contester, or if you have  an
active ham next door, then probably yes.  If not, then the stock unit is
probably good enough, especially if you do any listening outside the ham
bands.

Did I get it right?

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 5/20/2013 2:22:57 P.M. GMT Standard Time, Rick@DJ0IP.de