Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 22:58:25 -0400

On 5/19/2013 7:13 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

Fundamentally it gets down to a couple of things, like which side of the
pond do you live on, and if you care whether you might be the 5th guy or
155th guy to work a DX station.

        Phooey.   If you can hear him, then the difference between
        being the 5th guy or the 155th guy to work him is your
        transmitter and his receiving antenna, not your receiver.
        After all, the comment presumes I can hear him in either
        case on either rig!

        ;-)

Rob also says something in all of his presentations which isn't apparent
from looking at lists, but it is very important.
You don't have to have the best radio on the list, your radio just has to be
"good enough."

        I think that is exactly what John was saying.

So although you are very correct in the spirit in which you wrote your post,
there are many transceivers which are so crappy that one should simply avoid
them if he has any competitive interest at all.

        Nobody on this list owns one of them. . .    ;-)

Just MY take.