Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 18:27:53 +0200
James,

This thread is about a high performance upgrade to a high performance
transceiver that most people will never own.
So it is not at all about "most people".

I pointed out 3 instances where a downward conversion RX is beneficial over
an upwards conversion RX, and one instance had nothing at all to do with
contesting.  Anybody can have other hams in the neighborhood, and that is
the case, will probably need a better rig than most people.

You have a misunderstanding of team contesting.
ALL of the big stations have S&P stations too, and it is their job to work
the weak DX stations, in the presence of their buddy beside them working the
RUN station on the same band.  They need the high performance RX more than
anybody!

Rick, N4QI is about the only big station I know that runs all ORION
transceivers.
I think he ordered about 8 of these RX366.

People who need them, know why.
Most people asking why will probably never be in a position to need them.

Also, you have quoted Rob out of contest.
If you like, you can download the audio files for most of Rob's
presentations from my web site and listen again.

73
Rick, DJ0IP