Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 22:31:15 -0400
On 5/18/2013 8:42 PM, Rsoifer@aol.com wrote:

Thanks for doing the test.  Sounds like John Henry was right  in not
classifying the RX366 as general coverage.

        That is not how I read Mr. Henry's comment.
        I believe he said, "Some very astute ears will notice
        the difference between the original receiver ...and the
        RX366 in AM broadcast reception or SWL or WWB, but
        a lot most won't..."

        I believe John Henry said the difference in general
        coverage performance is barely discernible.  He did not
        say it was a lousy general coverage receiver, just that
        it is a better ham band receiver than it is general
        coverage receiver, but the difference in general
        coverage is only apparent to the most critical ear.

        I take it one will see substantial improvement in
        ham band reception, but very little degradation in
        general coverage reception.

Just MY take, anyway.