Re: [TenTec] which power supply…station efficiency

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] which power supply…station efficiency
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:55:22 -0600
I took a slightly different approach: I built a new regulator board for my RS-35M linear supply that allows for remote voltage sensing. Thus, I regulate right at my distribution point, *not* at the supply output terminals. This has reduced any voltage sag to my O II by quite a bit. I've also increased the regulated voltage to 15.0 VDC which has reduced power output variation across bands. Max output remains 100 W, but now only drops to 87 W on 10 m, slowly increasing to 100 W on 80 and 160 m.

Kim N5OP