Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: Scott Shepard <scottsheppard@videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 20:47:36 -0500
All very good points...I am not all too worried about a few hz either way...and
once warmed up, the pto is not bad at all...it is a hobby after all. I remember
being on a net one time when an old timer checked in...the net control told him
he was 200 hz low or something and the old salt came back  with: ' oh, well
that's easy to fix, do you know what to do?

The net control bit and said 'what'?

He said, ' get a piece of tape and cover off the last LED of your display...the
problem will go away'

He was right, in my view, and probably knew a whole lot more about radios than
the young appliance operator net control...but I digress...

Has anyone every had a successful pto transplant between the omni and corsair?

Cheers folks

Scott VA3 IED.
Sent from my iPad