[TenTec] VFO Stabilizer question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] VFO Stabilizer question
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 21:48:23 -0400
A friend has an old model vfo stabilizer for PTO type VFO's
like the one in the old TenTecs.  He put it on a old PTO he had
lying around, and amazingly, after several hours it was right
on within a hz or 2.
The question is, how would someone set one of these up for
an old TT, say the Triton IV, so that it would work with the automatic
CW off-set on xmit and the RX manual off-set?

It would appear that the stabilizer would lock on to the  new freq if
sending CW, since both the automatic cw off-set and the manual RX
offset are obtained by shifting the PTO frequency.  Are we missing
something? Or is it for SSB only?

BTW, I know there are newer citcuits that should work even better,
but wonder how they get around this seeming problem.
John, K4AVX