[TenTec] MIKE & Eagle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] MIKE & Eagle
From: John <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:18:52 -0400
I've had good luck on the older TT's using a computer mic on
them for contesting using the vox in the radio and the headset.
 I have tried different
circuits with the Eagle, using the 9 V. line for the mike, and
using a circuit with a 9 v. battery dropped to 5 v. regulated.
So far, no circuit works.

I'm thinking maybe the gain control internal to the Eagle
might need to be adjusted.  The hand mike works fine
on VOX, but I want a cheap headset, and don't want
to spend a fortune on a "ham" headset.
Any ideas??  Anyone had experience with another
mike besides the TT one?
Thanks,  73,

John, K4AVX
k4avx1@windstream.net