Re: [TenTec] MIKE & Eagle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] MIKE & Eagle
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 14:16:24 -0700
On Sun,8/24/2014 1:23 PM, Richards wrote:
In contrast, earphone receiver quality can vary substantially. So variation in earphone quality determines the price point where you may find happiness.

For ham applications, I generally agree, although the windscreen can make a big difference in breath pops and spittiness. To me, the most difficult things to get right are comfort, build quality, isolation from room sounds, and headphone quality. I'd be surprised if the cost of electret element in the most expensive ham mic exceeds $0.50.

73, Jim K9YC