Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:38:49 -0700
Understood, Rick. But 17msec pretty much rules out QSK above about 18 WPM. A strange design compromise for Ten Tec. :) Frankly, I'm both surprised and disappointed to see Ten Tec go for the lowest common denominator -- they never used to do that. For my money, amps with open frame relays are for ragchewing on SSB, not serious operating.

FWIW, delay in the K3 is continuously adjustable, and I think it is in the FT1000MP too. I sold mine around 2008 to buy my K3s. The TS850, which I also owned, is fixed at about 8 msec. The K2 is 8 msec.

Also FWIW, K6XX published a simple "speed up" circuit for T/R relays quite a few years ago, which he credits to K1KP. http://www.k6xx.com/radio/fastrely.pdf

73, Jim K9YC