Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.
From: "John F." <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:20:22 -0400
Rick,
I am presently keying the Hercules II with the amp keyer from Mike,
and it works well.  In fact, it seemed as fast as qsk, although the
Herc is in relay mode - has a vacuum relay, I think.  Anyway, I
set the delay in the Eagle to about 3 ms to make it a little less
harsh.  I use mostly CW, but have been doing more phone lately.
The Amp Keyer  just follows the delay in the Eagle, so this is
a work around.

Also, I have an old Dentron Clipperton L that I sometimes use.
I believe it has the delay build in, but not sure as I haven't
hooked it to the Amp Keyer yet.  If I use it for CW, I may have
to set the delay in the Eagle longer to solve the problem you
mentioned.  Need more time at the rig to get everything right.
Probably use the Clipperton more on phone, because of the
delay needed on CW.

Steve, looks like you have used  the Amp Keyer to solve a
sometimes difficult problem.

At this point, I'm getting along OK trying to get ready for
the fall SS, etc.

Thanks,
73, John, K4AVX

Message: 14