Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS
From: Dave Edwards <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 15:22:17 -0500
An old timer in my radio club showed me this trick back in the '70s.
I had one up for almost 5 years. When it broke, I noticed the pulley had rusted. Now I only use marine supply ones (stainless) that are used on sailboats. I found heavy weights that are perfect for the job. Don't know what their original purpose was, but they are teardrop shaped, with a loop at the top. And very heavy. I keep them hanging only a few feet from the ground. It'd be my luck one would fall just as I was under it, cutting the grass!!
...Dave