Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS
From: K3GHH <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 15:40:11 -0500
After losing a few of my roof-mounted vertical's radials to ice and falling branches, I installed weights on the support ropes. To find the minimum necessary weight (and lacking that type of scale), I tied an empty gallon milk jug to the end of the support rope, slowly poured water in until the radial reached the desired tautness, and weighed the jug. The long radials took only 4 lbs; shorter ones 3. Home Depot had two styles of brick-shaped paving stones weighing a little over 4 and 3 lbs respectively... so they're now tied on the end of my support ropes, which simply run down tree trunks using screw eyes.

--
-- John K3GHH