Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 01:24:44 +0100
If you read the ARRL Handbook or even the ARRL Antenna Handbook, you will be
well prepared for World War II.

In the past 60 years, a lot has changed.
There is nothing wrong with how we did it in the 1950s and 1960s, but as a
BIG SUPPORTER of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid), I would like to point out
that a boatload of thing have changed in the past 50 years.

There were no bungees in 1960.

Both ways work and for me, a good rubber bungee is a lot simpler to deploy
than a rope through a pulley, supporting a bucket of cement that has been
calculated to represent the load that I need.

Fast forward 40 years; WW II is long since over;  we have bungees.  Just
deploy the right ones.
End of message.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)