Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 22:16:39 -0500
On 12/31/2014 7:44 PM, R. Eric Sluder via TenTec wrote:
When I installed my current antenna I stopped by Lowes and bought a stiff
spring for each end of my OCF, and one for the end of my pseudo beverage
antenna.  They work well, and when they rust they will keep working for some
time just like door springs will do when rusted.
I am also a big fan of springs...

I have a 130 foot window line fed dipole, one end on an evergreen tree and the other end on a maple tree. Each end is connected to a "screen door" spring, about 3/4 inch in diameter and a foot long. I sprayed each spring with Rustoleum (R) paint.

I installed this antenna in 1994 (!) and it has been up ever since, with no problems (Knock on wood). I live in southeast Michigan and we get more than our share of snow, wind, ice storms, etc.