Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 156, Issue 4

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 156, Issue 4
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 19:39:31 -0600
Excellent point, Jim!

I have some old boat anchor gear that I keep running, but I don't think every ham needs to have that knowledge. If they want to fix tube gear, they'll gain that needed expertise, but if they don't then why learn it?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with SDR; I don't fully understand why so many people complain about it. If they don;t kike the latest offerings, there's PLENTY pf used gear on the market they can buy that will be new to them. The older, analog stuff, got to be about as good as it could be. There isn't much room for improvement that anyone could possibly afford. If that's so near and dear to their hearts, I think they should go avail themselves of that market and lovingly maintain that gear.

73,

Kim N5OP