[TenTec] Dirty Transmitters - Flex and Yaesu

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Dirty Transmitters - Flex and Yaesu
From: terry foskey via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 00:34:28 +0000 (UTC)
 Jim,I am in engineering, questioning why and developing designs, it's what I
do. I have commercial and Amateur licenses. The rule you provide for Ham
operations is true, however, the passage can be interpreted many ways and I
stand my statement there is no specific rule being violated.  What we consider
dirty today is light years better than the transmitters of old.  Regarding
performing real world operational tests, I have conducted enough operational
tests on US combat aircraft and been involved with testing of US Navy vessels
to know that labs and real world aren't the same.  Many factors come into play
regarding the real effects described as coming from dirty transmitters, such
as quality of receiver front ends, mode of operation (your bandwidth FCC quote
comes into play), etc.  The mode can simply enhance or lessen the effects.  My
demonstration is my desire to satisfy my personal curiosity -  I want
to witness the issue or non-issue being described in the lab and I will be
using two of the worst listed corporate violators based on forum Opinions ie
Flex and Yaesu.
Regarding your choice to upgrade, I am sure Elecraft appreciates your monetary
and verbal support.  Remember to upgrade again once the bar is raised higher.

Perhaps TenTec will satisfy your need to upgrade with an Omni VII plus or an
Orion III.
Regards,(Operating Dirty from Mississippi!) N5TF,Terry