Re: [TenTec] Service

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Service
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 19:25:07 -0600
Best Buy barely pays the rent on their buildings with sales.

They make the serious many on the extended service contracts, which most people
buy and most people never use.

I was “offered” a “nice" extended warrantee on my 65 inch Samsung UHDTV for a
mere $1400, just as my warrantee was running out, because another replacement
screen (which had just failed) would cost me $2000.. The SAME set is in the
store right now for $1399!

In things that can break, service is where the serious revenue stream is, not
in sales.

Gary