Re: [TenTec] Service

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Service
From: art N4UC <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 23:15:18 -0600
That's a good question, one that I was hoping TT service could answer for me.
All I can tell you is what the symptoms are now;

main RX dead (sub works fine)
no IF signal
(by the way, these were NOT symptoms when I sent it to TT, only when it came
back did I find these!)

What prompted me to send it in in the first place was that the main RX warbled
and drifted, sounded like an oscillator (maybe the IF?) was gradually getting
unstable. With both RX's locked together there was a beat signal difference of
about 300-500 hz between them. This was reflected in the transmitted signal as
well. It gradually got worse, then became unusable, but was not dead.

Don't know if all that translates into a dead/sick CPU, but I would have
thought that TT could have determined that when they plugged in substitute
boards during troubleshooting. They said they replaced evey board in it and
couldn't locate the malfunctioning board(s). I would have thought that if you
had every board substituted, it should work and then start replacing  boards
one by one until it failed. But I guess it doesn't work that way.

GL/73, Art