Re: [TenTec] Service

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Service
From: art N4UC <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 11:45:51 -0600
I agree. There are those who seem to be trying to sabotage this attempt to
bring back a company that these same people proclaim their undying allegiance
to. There have been previous attempts to right the ship and I haven't seen any
results from those efforts. So if we really want TT to succeed then quit
whining and give the "new guy" a chance.  I'm just glad there is a "new guy"
willing to step up to give us hope instead of one of the previous guys just
letting it sit there and die on the vine while using it as a tax writeoff (or
whatever you do with a dying company) until it's no longer worth anything to
anybody.

The only TT radio I own is a dead Orion that was returned to me as
"unrepairable".  It was a great radio for many years and as much as I'd love to
get it working again I'll admit that at the new service rates I don't see any
chance that I will ever send it back in for a re-try. Just as TT can't afford
to keep giving the free advice and help to the customer, I can't afford to pay
them to go poking around for hours trying to find a problem. But that's just
business, nothing personal.  If that's the "fat" that keeps them from getting
back to providing excellent service at a reasonable price (I didn't say cheap)
then cutting it out is what they need to do.

Give them a chance and hold your criticism until you see the results. I do hope
an upgraded Orion is being considered.

73, Art N4UC