Re: [TenTec] Service

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Service
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 21:49:48 -0600
THANK YOU JOHN HENRY! Right to the point.

Let’s see, most radios depreciate about 30% in the first year (except Flex
radios, whose depreciation rate is about 4 times that of Ten Tec’s).

At $1499 for an Eagle fully loaded right now, that’s about $500.

So, you can keep buying a new one every year and make those of us who buy USED
radios very happy, (and lose a guaranteed $500 per year) or you can live with a
$300 repair bill, maybe once every 5 years.

I have had many TenTec radios. I have two Orion’s sitting here right now. I am
repairing the LED illuminator on one, the other has been issue-free but for the
backup battery.

The IC756 Pro2 I also have has been on the air for maybe 15 years and never
been to the doctor. If it flamed out tomorrow, I could part it for more than
paid for it. Ditto for my third unrepairable Orion (bad CPU).

Alternatively, I could have lost $500 to $1000, depending upon the radio, every
year, for the honor of not  having to pay for a $300 repair.

My Highlander has 117,000 miles on it. It runs and looks like new. I just put
$1200 into brakes and a few other little thingy’s. So what??  That’s still a
lot more cost effective than $55,000 for a new one, only to lose 30% of that in
the first 15 minutes out the door of the dealership.

73, good luck Ten Tec, I am afraid you are going to need it.

Gary