Re: [TenTec] TT omni vii if port problems

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT omni vii if port problems
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 11:59:13 -0500
Do you have any application associated with the device controlling the radio?  Also, if you are tuning to a signal using the dongle, it may be incorrect with regard to frequency thus this puts the Omni VII off frequency.     You may need to perform a Master Reset on the Omni VII.  There are known some software applications which do shift the VFO, although not displayed as such on the radio.  This will produce and off frequency condition.

I had a a 3 Rivers Dongle on my Omni VII and it worked OK.   The software was a major pain in the posterior to get running correctly.    Finally I wrote it off as a learning experience.   I then purchased an SDR Play  RSP-1 receiver and downloaded free HDSDR software.  All issues resolved and it works great.

I also made the mod to the Omni VII for the 2nd receiver which I find works even better.  With the SDR Play I can see signals on the entire band, thus not limited to the IF bandwidth.  That works great as well.

73

Bob, K4TAX