Re: [TenTec] TT omni vii if port problems

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT omni vii if port problems
From: Greg S via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 20:31:39 +0000 (UTC)
I highly recommend this mod, to allow full use of the SDR. Not sure why anyone
would use the I.F. these days, honestly.
Greg, KC8HXO

 To: tentec@contesting.com
 Date: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 12:59 PM

 Do you have any application
 associated with the device controlling the
 radio?  Also, if you are tuning to a signal
 using the dongle, it may be
 incorrect with
 regard to frequency thus this puts the Omni VII off
 frequency.     You may need to perform a
 Master Reset on the Omni VII.
 There are
 known some software applications which do shift the VFO,
 although not displayed as such on the radio.
 This will produce and off
 frequency
 condition.

 I had a a 3
 Rivers Dongle on my Omni VII and it worked OK.   The
 software was a major pain in the posterior to
 get running correctly.
 Finally I
 wrote it off as a learning experience.   I then purchased
 an
 SDR Play  RSP-1 receiver and downloaded
 free HDSDR software.  All issues
 resolved
 and it works great.

 I also
 made the mod to the Omni VII for the 2nd receiver which I
 find
 works even better.  With the SDR Play
 I can see signals on the entire
 band, thus
 not limited to the IF bandwidth.  That works great as
 well.

 73

 Bob, K4TAX

 On 8/30/2018 11:17 AM, denton
 sprague wrote:
 > Hi all…I installed an
 if port output as per 3 rivers TT omni vii dongle
 instructions to enable me to use a pc as a spectrum monitor.
 it works fine on receive but the minute I transmit, am told
 I am off frequency.
 > I am thinking of
 either installing a relay that will disconnect the
 dongle’s if input during transmit…

 Anyone else have a different work around?