Re: [TenTec] TT omni vii if port problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT omni vii if port problems
From: Vic Klein via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 04:24:55 -0400
I am using the same setup and like it very much. Are you listening to the
audio from the computer instead of the rig? I usually mute the HFSDR, but if
you are trying to listen on the computer you certainly need to calibrate the
HFSDR or you may be listening to a spot different from where you are
transmitting. Some other suggestions:

1. Have you calibrated for each mode? The offsets are usually different for
each, but once done the panadapter frequency display is very accurate and
usable
2. Due to the way the Omni works bandwidth, note that the calibrations will
only be good for the bandwidth used in that mode. If you adjust bandwidth
the frequency appears to shift
3. There can be some odd interactions between HFSDR and other programs using
the OmniRig interface. Most of the time I deselect the option (Options/CAT
to OmniRig/Sync to OmniRig) to let the HFSDR program send rig control
signals to the radio. With Sunc From OmniRig still checked it will still
track anything done in other programs or from the front panel, but won't
cause issues. If I need to use the panadapter to hunt and pounce on signals
(like with a 6m opening), I recheck that option but just don't tune using
the rig knob while it is on.

=Vic=
WA4THR
---