[TenTec] ARGOSY 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ARGOSY 2
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 16:32:07 +0100 (BST)

Hi All, just trying to resurrect the above radio, hears just fine but it was lacking, yes it was missing, the PA entirely, i have now acquired one, i have replaced all the 'Q's ( 1 - 5) and the ic.
Q1-2 now 2sc2166 not MRF476, as they are the equivalent.
Voltages appear correct through out the board, BUT no RF out, i am unable to set the bias with R1 or R2, just nothing happening on my meter. Something not switching on?. During the rebuild i have put insulating pads under Q1-2,5 as they were missing, is that correct?. I have the 13.8 volts when mode switch turned to tune position on the yellow wire.
So gents, any and all advice would be appreciated.
73
Snowy G0HZE