Re: [TenTec] ARGOSY 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARGOSY 2
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 20:54:29 +0100 (BST)

Hi Mike

Thanks for your input.

I scoped the rf output from the mixer, nothing shown, so the fault would appear to be on that board.

Took the board out, detoxit all the pins on the multitude of connectors, looked for dry joints, found D1-2 shorted, (1n4148's) so i replaced the other 2 whilst i was in there.

Refitted mixer back into the radio but no change, never expected to find the fault that easily hi hi.

I have TX volts going to the PA but NO current drawn and 13+ volts on the PA board, one thing i did notice was the alc led was lit every time i put the radio into tune, adjusting the drive pot didn't alter that at all, could that have anything to do with it?.

hope i haven't bored you.

Regards

Snowy G0HZE