Re: [TenTec] ARGOSY 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARGOSY 2
From: Winston <jones_winston@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 12:27:59 -0400
As best I recall, the MRF-477 final transistors do not have insulating pads
under their tabs. The tabs are emitters and they are directly grounded to the
chassis, unlike most TO-229 transistors where the tabs are part of collector
and must be insulated from ground.
I remember all this because of a talk I had with a Ten-Tec engineer at a
hamfest. He told me about the Argosy finals and how they were different.
Hope this helps.
-de K4CWQ

Sent from my iPhone