Re: Topband: Receivers, Noise Blankers and Key Clicks

To: "Barry N1EU" <n1eu@hotmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Receivers, Noise Blankers and Key Clicks
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:06:42 -0800
Yes, that is correct, Barry. The rig I was referring to is the original
FT-1000. The noise sidebands I measured were pretty consistent
with the TX composite noise measured in the ARRL test report,
so its not clear that this particular FT-1000 has any special problem
over and above the norm for this rig. In any case, these numbers struck
me as being kind of high, but on the other hand, nobody has
complained about my signal being dirty (at least not yet).

73 de Mike W4EF...................