Re: Topband: FT1000 Screws loose

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>,"Steve Lawrence" <smlx@earthlink.net>,"Top Band List List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT1000 Screws loose
From: "jbattin" <jbattin@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:46:26 -0600
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>; "Steve Lawrence"
<smlx@earthlink.net>; "Top Band List List" <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:39 AM
Subject: Topband: FT1000 Screws loose

> One of the things I noticed installing mods in FT1000's is about half have
> mounting screws holding the circuit boards that are loose. I never noticed
> an operational problem from this.
>
>I have found loose screws to cause birdies on 10 meters. The birdies are
not a clean notes, but a broad rushing type sound that raises the S-meter an
s unit or two. I have measured about fifteen  D,mp, and Mk5s, and find them
quite consistant. Most of these are at K9NS where there are two stations on
each band, stressing them to the limit. We see little variation radio to
radio. A DSP radio with no roofing filter like a Pro11 can not stand the
environment.
John K9DX