Re: Topband: Best angle of radiation ?

To: Bruce <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Best angle of radiation ?
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:56:25 -0400
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Bruce <k1fz@myfairpoint.net> wrote:

> AM broadcast band antennas 5/8 & 1/2 wave tall are rarely used any more.
>  I noticed a reduction of the tall AM towers starting  about the 1960's.
>
>   73
> Bruce-K1FZ

Wouldn't that have corresponded to the FCC's reduction in "clear-channel"
strategies, and more local market driven commercial agendas?  When I was a
kid in the early 50's I got a QSL card from WOAI and WHO for sending them a
postcard telling them I was hearing them in Columbus, Ohio.  And the whole
point of the 1937 Brown, Lewis and Epstein study was that you DIDN"T need
tall towers for daytime coverage.

73, Guy.