Re: Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennas for160???

To: "'Guy Olinger K2AV'" <olinger@bellsouth.net>, "'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennas for160???
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 00:18:22 -0500
That's certainly true!

Charlie, K4OTV

-----Original Message-----
From: Topband [mailto:topband-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Guy
Olinger K2AV
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:59 PM
To: Joe Subich, W4TV
Cc: TopBand List
Subject: Re: Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennas
for160???

Oh, OK. That should have worked. And note who you're talking about. :>)

But have you heard of a ham that had 120 1/4 wave bare buried around his
130' insulated tower, and then switched to two raised radials with the 120
left in place.

Commercial BC is in the fix of having to maintain the field strength, even
when the radials start to get even mildly inefficient. They would be all
over having to raise power to compensate.  I doubt a typical ham would even
know anything was going wrong at the loss level that would instigate action
at a BC installation.

73, Guy