Re: Topband: Strange propagation

To: JC <n4is@comcast.net>, 'TopBand' <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Strange propagation
From: Carl Braun <Carl.Braun@lairdtech.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 03:11:58 +0000
JC hit the nail on the head...lets identify those who are using RHR openly.  My
preference would be a specific suffix designator that would identify the
transmitting station and then let's see if anyone wants to work a RHR on the
air.

I witnessed a local san diego station working RHR last Christmas via a KH6 RHR
station with the implication he was actually in Hawaii.  Operators asked about
the WX and operating power with the stateside station playing along as if he
was truly in Hawaii.  QSOs went on and on without any clarification from the
stateside operator that signed KH6/xxxxx.

My suggestion is to determine a suitable (international) suffix designator for
RHR stations so we all know who and where the signal is coming from...or NOT.
Those opposed to that rationale could be those that enjoy the thrill of
deception rather than an honest QSO.  What other reason could there be for a
station that wouldn't want to use a suffix designator that clearly identifies
the fact that their RF origin could literally be from anywhere in the world?

BTW, there hasn't been so many posts related to a single topic
since........well, since the first time RHR was discussed on the reflector.
This topic has so many posts it constipated my netzero account.

Carl AG6X