[Towertalk] 620/340

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 620/340
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 11:12:02 -0400
TT:

     Hose clamps + TAPE = no snags + no corrosion.

     I did the clamp-plus-tape thing on my D40 element (four clamps on both
halves) as well as on the clamps that secure the aluminum straps that short
my Skyhawk's parasitics to the boom.  I used Super 88 tape (only pennies
more than 33 tape) on the clamps.

    As this is a new installation at this QTH, I'll have to let you know in
a few years how well the tape worked to prevent corrosion on the clamps.

     But I will agree with Steve - rivets are the way to go, especially if
the element(s) is/are designed for only one length a' la Bencher's Skyhawk.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F