RE: [TowerTalk] Grounding control cable/Rotator control box

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Grounding control cable/Rotator control box
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:13:46 -0500
If you have a Polyphaser installed at the bulkhead entrance to the shack,
the chance of this happening is extremely small.  With the arrestor in place
we are talking hundreds or thousands of volts rather than millions or
billions inside the shack.  This is not necessarily true if the arrestor is
located at the base of the tower rather than entrance to shack.

A better solution is to ground the center conductor (along with shield) to
common ground system that has low inductance to an outside single point
ground system.

Keith NM5G