Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding control cable/Rotator control box

To: "Noel" <yaesurig@msn.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding control cable/Rotator control box
From: "W1GOR" <W1GOR@Maine.RR.Com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:47:11 -0400
Noel,

Like it or not, this device does exactly what you have indicated...  I do
NOT recommend products because I have a personal or business interest in any
given company...  I recommend a product because it provides the means of
solving a problem...  Now, if this is offensive to you, DELETE THIS POSTING
and let me know if you would like me to place your ID on my
'to-be-instantly-deleted' list...  I responded because you have a problem,
and I have a possible solution.  What more do you want..?

73, Larry - W1GOR

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/impulse2.html#4

Rotator line / remote switch transient suppressor / RF filter

----

Unshielded control line conductors used to operate remote switching
operations, antenna rotators, and home weather stations are easily charged
to thousands of volts potential referenced to ground by overhead lightning
discharges, frequently causing severe darnage to equipment.
In the RF transmitting environment, these same leads often couple into
transmitted energy and re-radiate signals at ground level, resulting in
interference to nearby equipment tuned to other services.

Models 347, 348 and 349 solve both problems in one convenient unit. Easy to
install and virtually permanent, this suppressor shunts RF currents and
voltages over 20V, 50V or 120V directly to facility ground terminal
connection.

Installation is a breeze and takes only a few moments. Each wire (up to 8
conductors) entering from rotating unit or switch box may be attached to any
of the 8 insulated terminals on the side of the unit. The same wire then
continues from that connected point onward to control box destination.
Connect the metal case to a ground rod or system and you're all set. May be
used indoors or outdoors, designed for flat surface mounting, includes
stainless steel grounding terminals.

Uses metal oxide varistor devices, AC or DC voltage rated, ceramic
high-capacity RF bypassing componentry.

Packed with storage box, mounting hardware, 4-page owner's manual.

      Order Model Type Price
        347 For use with 20V or less systems, AC or DC $44.00
        348 For use with 50V or less systems, AC or DC $44.00
        349 For use with 120V or less systems, AC or DC $44.00