Re: [TowerTalk] CQ article error(?)

To: Carl <cfwb1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CQ article error(?)
From: Gary Schafer <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:26:39 -0400
Hi Carl,

Generally you should not ground the house power mast. It is usually
connected to the metal enclosure for the meter. The meter can gets the
neutral wire tied to it inside so the mast is tied to the neutral line.

The earth ground connection is done at the breaker panel (main breaker)
to the neutral. The mast is grounded to earth through the neutral wire
that runs from the meter to your breaker panel. The mast is also
grounded at the other end of the neutral wire at the transformer through
the power companies ground there.

This seems to fly in the face of what we have been talking about as far
as grounding things. But the power company does not want you to ground
the meter can. They only want to see a ground at the main breaker panel
where the neutral and safety ground are tied to earth.

Your tower grounds should be connected to the earth ground where the
breaker panel is grounded.

73
Gary  K4FMX