Re: [TowerTalk] Using US Tower HDX-572MDPL Raising Fixture

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using US Tower HDX-572MDPL Raising Fixture
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:37:09 -0700 (PDT)
Mike,

  I had a Triex LM470E tower with a raising fixture and I always encountered
the same problem. My solution was to tie a rope near the top of the tower and
have someone tugging on it as I let out the line from the raising/lowering
winch. In the absence of a second person, I'd just pay out a bit of winch line
and then tug on the rope. This event was something I would only rarely do as it
was more trouble than it was worth (5 bolts per leg) to lower the tower for
maintenance. I'd just climb the retracted tower to do my antenna work.
Tilt-over towers are nothing more than a sales pitch. Get the tower up and
leave it that way.

  Good luck,
  Jim W5QM