Re: [TowerTalk] Using US Tower HDX-572MDPL Raising Fixture

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using US Tower HDX-572MDPL Raising Fixture
From: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:23:25 -0500
> Something must be wrong in your setup.  If it takes about 10
> degrees for gravity to begin to take over with tilting from
> vertical, then gravity should take over at about the same
> angle when tilting the tower back up??????

Nope, nothing wrong - just a long mast (18' Chromoly & 12' Aluminum; 6'
Chromoly in the tower) with VHF/UHF antennas on the top 12' aluminum mast.
The weight of the antennas is sufficient to keep the mast slightly arched as
the tower is being raised.

And no, the tower is not overloaded- the LM-354HDSP is a beast as
crankup/tilt/over towers go.

BTW, I use the elevated hinge point to lower the tower. It makes it easy to
work on antennas the entire length of the 24' exposed mast with just a step
ladder.

Doug
K4DDR