Re: [TowerTalk] Minimum Rotor cable for 250 ft run

To: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Minimum Rotor cable for 250 ft run
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:36:45 -0500
I've had UFB (outdoor) Romex on the ground and up the tower for 10 years.
Looks like heck, but still working.

While you're at it, don't overlook CAT 3 networking cable to control TopTen
relay boxes and similar boxes that use small, low-current relays.  It has 8
conductors, and the voltage drop over 200 feet or so is pretty manageable; the
only drawback is that small animals seem to like to gnaw on the jacket, but a
little powdered coyote urine seems to take care of that.  Besides, it's so
cheap you can have redundant runs with little pain.

73, Pete N4ZR