Re: [TowerTalk] Flexible coupler assembly

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Flexible coupler assembly
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:44:57 -0800 (PST)
>>Another thought on the subject: It may be more convenient to mount the
>> shock
>>absorber under the rotor between the tower and rotor.

I bought a used tower with an M2 rotor installed in it.
It had a rubber shock mount system under the rotor.
The rubber was all beat up and falling apart.  I asked
M2 about it, and they said that was kind of a failed
experiment because the rubber only lasted 6 months.
They said forget about it and go back to a rigid mount.

I am wondering about these rubber donut things:  how
well does the rubber hold up in the sun?  They never
see UV in a car.

Rick N6RK