[TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Tower?

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Tower?
From: "Paul Henning" <paul@amtelco.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:51:35 -0500
I have a Trylon T500-72 tower which will have six runs of LMR-600 coax
running up one of its legs. For the past two years I had only two runs
of LMR-600 up the tower and these were secured to the tower with wraps
of Scotch 88 tape every four feet or so. This has worked fine for two
runs but seems like it may be stretching my luck to try this for six
runs. So the first question is how are others securing multiple coax
runs to tower legs that are not round?

Times recommends using their very nice coax mounting blocks which I do
have a supply of. The problem with using these is that the coax is
supposed to be hung from the top, in my case, using their hoisting grips
(prime directive?). I can do this as I also have a supply of the grips.
If I use the hoisting grips to hang the coax how do I attach six Times
hoisting grips to the tower? The grips have a fairly robust saddle at
the top of the cable loop on the grip. Any and all recommendations or
suggestions most welcome.

Paul N. Henning
Director of Research and Development
Amtelco