Re: [TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Tower?
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:33:17 +0000
Sell the grips and blocks, buy more tape, but cheaper stuff than scotch 88.
I have used only tape here for 23 years and never had a problem, and I gave
up counting how many cables on the legs of the bigger towers.  My only
suggestion, when you add a new cable is to cut off the old tape and secure
around the whole bundle with new tape.  This makes I much easier when you
have to remove a cable at some time in the future, you don't have to cut
this layer, then that layer, and then the next deeper layer and try to get
them out between the cables.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net