Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Rohn 45 Question

To: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Rohn 45 Question
From: Charles Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 03:10:53 -0400
...snip...
>>Is there a shelf life one should worry about ?

>>Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

> Not that I have ever noticed with 242. A small bottle lasts me for
> years, and it always seems the same.

Officially?  Or Unofficially?

Circa Mid 1980s, Loctite both changed it's part numbers, and put a shelf life
on all their products.  It was explained to me by the local loctite rep that
the change had everything to do with the new Mil-specs that were coming through
at that time (WS-6536 if I remember right).  That spec required all chemicals
to have a shelf life, so loctite put one on their products.

That said the rep also said "if it looks good, it IS good" - I still have a BIG
bottle of blue loctite that had to be replaced because it was the "dateless"
kind - still works fine

BTW for those of you who say "Loctite cures due to lack of oxygen" - that's
partly right It won't cure unless there is no oxygen, but it also needs a
certain amount of ions (don't remember if it's + or -) anyway, that is what the
loctite primer is for - if you are working with passivated stainless, please
use the primer, or it won't cure

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

"If you liked the war on drugs, you're gonna love the war on guns."
 -- anonymous TRT person