Re: [TowerTalk] Loop vs Dipole...I'm original "asker"

To: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loop vs Dipole...I'm original "asker"
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 01:28:09 -0400
That places a lot of faith in the modeling software.  How does one
know that sort of faith is warranted, given the number of variables that
can alter the results in reality?  How does the modeling program account
for, and accommodate, all those variables?   How do we know the
modeling is really accurate in all real life situations?   Won't the real
situation contain variables, such as different soil and humidity
conditions, for example, and other differences different locations present?

(Not an argument, a legitimate and serious real question.)

K4SAV wrote:

> If you model these antennas you can go thru a lot of configurations in a
> lot less time than it takes to build one and try to evaluate it.

You can also optimize