Re: [TowerTalk] Loop vs Dipole...I'm original "asker"

To: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>, Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loop vs Dipole...I'm original "asker"
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:01:42 -0500 (CDT)
TT:

<snip>

From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: 2008/06/26 Thu AM 10:47:40 EDT
To: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Cc: towertalk@contesting.com

So, I am sure there are others who would take a different academic
turn at t his juncture, and suggest the modeling is a close approximation
of reality, but one must, in the end, trust the empirical findings from
actual experimentation and real deployment of the antenna (i.e., take
actual measurements) to be sure it works as advertised in the modeling
program.    (Of course... we can get into quite valid debates over
whether or not we can trust the measuring equipment, methods, etc.)

But I do get your point and can see that you have a reasonable basis
for placing so much faith in the modeling software - especially as you or
the other guy was suggesting, it can save you lots of time, effort and
cost by modeling first before ever building anything, as I suppose the
modeling software could/might rule out a particular design from the
outset for some reason that is not immediately intuitively obvious.

Happy trails and 743.  ========  K8JHR  ===========

<snip>

     Just my two cents' worth:

o    The difference between theory and practice in theory is less than the
difference between theory and practice in practice.

o    Caveat Amateur.

o    Pick a design, build it and get on the air!

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F