Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a self-supporter

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>,<ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a self-supporter
From: <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:47:31 -0600
It's Delhi, and it's because they use the same product in both their guyed and
self-supporting
applications. It simplifies production, I'd say.

Since the Delhi towers were designed to be part of a guyed installation, and
since the sections could
support a large number of sections above them (I think Delhi catalogs reference
heights to 180 feet),
adding guys to otherwise self-supporting Delhi towers should not be an issue.

I do not believe that constitutes a blanket statement that ALL self-supporting
towers can accept guys,
however.

73 kelly
ve4xt