Re: [TowerTalk] Pinning my mast in rotator clamp

To: towertalk@contesting.com,mrlogs@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pinning my mast in rotator clamp
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:04:07 -0400
It is also VERY important to follow Yaesu's instructions for the tightening
sequence of the mast clamps.  Properly done, it winds up tight and
well-centered on the rotator.  Improperly done, it can break the clamps as
the bolts try to bend the cast clamps to fit the mast.  If you tighten the
clamps to the mast first, then center and tighten the bolts attaching the
clamp to the rotator body, and LAST tighten the bolts holding the rotator
to the shelf, you should have no trouble.  If you can't get the clamp
centered on the top of the rotator, there's something wrong with either the
mast or the rotator shelf, and you'll pay if you don't fix that first.

73, Pete N4ZR