Re: [TowerTalk] antennas in water

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antennas in water
From: John - K4WJ <k4wjfoc1749@wildblue.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:47:40 -0400
While living in south Florida, after a very heavy rain I continued to work
DX on 80 and 40M as I normally would. Then I discovered that the feed point
for my Butternut HF-2V, that I had mounted on the side of a small man made
lake, was under about 18 inches of water. The heavy rain caused the lake to
rise about two feet.

I guess the water in the lake was not a very good conductor.

What really surprised me was that the SWR on both bands hadn't changed much.

73..de John/K4WJ