[TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement
From: RLVZ@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 16:00:50 EDT

Hi Jim,

Again- I am not trying to create trouble here but see computer modeling
software improved.

Yes- do have poor performance with verticals, but you mentioned that you
live in a heavily wooded area.  Verticals work poorly in heavily  wooded areas
so
I don't believe that's a fair environment to compare verticals  to
horizontals.

Our club once operated Field Day with verticals on 40-10m. in a  heavy wooded
area.  The shade was wonderful for keeping us cool but  the verticals worked
terrible even on distances over 1,000 miles.   Computing modeling should try
to take the environment more into effect... I  wouldn't be surprised if a
heavily wooded area attentuated a verticals radiation  by as much as 20dB.

73,
Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 4/5/2009 3:45:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,