Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 17:09:52 -0700
On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 16:00:50 EDT, RLVZ@aol.com wrote:

>Yes- do have poor performance with verticals, but you mentioned that you
>live in a heavily wooded area.  Verticals work poorly in heavily  wooded
>areas so I don't believe that's a fair environment to compare verticals
>to horizontals.

I've looked for published scientific work on this and all I've found
addresses VHF/UHF (either military, 2-way, or cellular applications). What
I've seen generally agrees that absorption that increases with frequency,
and that correlates with my experience. Can you point me to anything that
addresses MF or HF in forests and heavy vegetation?

73,

Jim K9YC